Linda and I decided at the last moment to go the “Vivid 2010 Sydney festival” a few weeks back. These are just a few of the images from a great night! Lots of walking and sitting on trains!! Didn’t get back on the Central coast till 1 AM.
Will be definitely be going back next time as there were some images that I would have liked to get but didn’t have the time.
The world’s spotlight shines on Sydney once again as Vivid Sydney unleashes its festival of light, music and ideas across the city.
From 27 May to 21 June 2010, Vivid Sydney brings together large scale light installations and projections, music performances, creative ideas, stimulating discussions and debates, showcasing Sydney as a major creative hub in the Asia-Pacific Region.
Enjoyed by more than 200,000 locals and visitors last year, Vivid Sydney returns bigger and brighter in 2010, once again featuring the lighting of the Sydney Opera House sails. This spectacular event sees art and colour projected on to Utzon’s iconic sails, transforming them into the world’s largest harbourside artwork.
Vivid Sydney is:
- Lighting the Sails (27 May – 20 June): The spectacular illumination of the Sydney Opera House sails.
- Vivid LIVE at Sydney Opera House (27 May -11 June): A festival of music, film, theatre and visual arts co-curated by critically acclaimed artist and musician Laurie Anderson and legendary rock icon Lou Reed.
- Macquarie Visions (27 May -20 June): Sydney’s most historic city streets and buildings come alive with light at this illuminating event.
- The Rocks Fire Water (11-14 June): A breathtaking Bollywood inspired performance by the harbour that promises to wow the whole family.
- Creative Sydney (4-13 June): Local and global industry leaders explore the potential of our creative industries through discussion, presentation and performance.
- X|Media|Lab: Global Media Ideas (18-20 June): The internationally acclaimed digital media think-tank that brings together the world’s leading digital media entrepreneurs, technology innovators, creative thinkers and commercialisation experts to assist our homegrown media businesses succeed in the new global media marketplace.
- Song Summit (19-21 June): Songwriters and music industry players connect during this creative conference, and local and international talent performs nightly at Song Summit LIVE.